Summary: Rochelle “SLAY Queen” Hemingway is the CEO and founder of SLAY To Success LLC. SLAY To Success LLC is a leadership and transformational consultant service empowering women with strategies, tools, techniques who have recently arrived in a position of leadership, who are on the precipice of leadership, or who are transitioning from a 20+ year career, to step up with authentic confidence to realize IMPACT success!
She offers keynote speaking services, leadership training and development workshops, one-on-one mentoring, and personal branding consulting.
Rochelle is the author of the book titled “SLAY To Success” which outlines her military career experiences and how the word “SLAY” empowered her to serve for 30 years in the United States Air Force.
She resides with her husband and son in Maryland and enjoys shopping, working out, watching criminal shows, and spending time with her family and friends.
Why would a prospective client want you to be their keynote speaker or to support their speaking event? What are some compelling aspects of your background/career/experience that we should know about?
I officially retired on 1 Sep 2021 after serving 30 years in the United States Air Force. I served as an Independent Duty Medical Technician, First Sergeant, Inspector General Program Manager, Medical Group Superintendent and Command Chief Master Sergeant. I was able to overcome many obstacles and barriers as a black woman in chaotic, unconventional and dynamic environments. I served as a Command Chief Master Sergeant at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota during the onset of the pandemic, social and racial injustices and significant changes in the mission. I created a lifelong hashtag mantra called #SLAY, as a way to motivate and inspire myself and others to authentically show up as the best version of themselves. I attached meaningful context to each letter of the word of adopted philosophies that I applied during my career and compel others to do the same; “S” stands for Stay Ready to Be Ready, “L” stands for Lead Out Loud, “A” stands for A Sense of Family and the “Y” stands for You Are Built To Last. I am now the founder and CEO of #SLAY TO SUCCE$$, a professional coaching business for high achieving women who desire to Kill It, to Dominate It and to Nail It, without sacrificing their health, careers, relationships and happiness. I’m on a mission to help women increase visibility, embrace empowerment and climb up the ladder of success that they desire and deserve.
What are your primary topics/areas of expertise? Some examples may include: Conflict resolution, International Relations, Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Cybersecurity, as well as specific countries or geographical regions.
- Diversity and Inclusion
What are some positions you have held in your career that you would like prospective clients to know about?
1. An Independent Duty Medical Technician (IDMT) is the only enlisted health care provider who can give care in the absence of a licensed, privileged or credentialed health care provider at USAF medical treatment facilities, host medical treatment facilities, remote or deployed sites. I had to maintain proficiency in multiple disciplines throughout the medical field and treated anything from common upper respiratory infections to performing minor surgeries, like toenail removals or more lifesaving interventions like endotracheal intubations. I also worked at dental, pharmacy, public health, bioenvironmental engineering, immunizations and the laboratory. When I was deployed, I was the sole medic on the teams and I served as an IDMT for ten years.
2. A First Sergeant reports directly to the unit commander on matters of enlisted morale, welfare and conduct and is the chief enlisted advisor to the commander on all of these factors. This role created stiff personal demands, required breaking away from my medical career field and demanded around-the-clock attention. I served as a First Sergeant in a Maintenance Squadron and Civil Engineer Squadron for four years.
3. An Inspector General Program Manager reports directly to the wing commander and leads unit program managers on process inspections. I was responsible for the compliance of the Management Internal Control Tool system at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA, (Air Force and Army) which is a web-based, real time program that allows individual units and program managers to assess their programs and up-channel their internal inspection results.
4. A Command Chief advises the unit commanders on all enlisted matters, including all issues affecting the command’s mission and operations, and the readiness, training, utilization, morale, technical and professional development and the quality of life of all enlisted members in the organization. During this role, I served in the highest enlisted position for 2 ½ years and led 8,000 members to provide combat power, anytime…anywhere. Ellsworth AFB is one of the Air Force’s two B1-B Lancer wings.
What are some speaking events you’ve supported recently?
I was the Keynote Speaker at:
- The Diabetes and Diabetes Prevention Support Group, Rapid City, SD
- The Black Hills Energy Aspiring Women’s Conference (2019)
- The Black Hills Virtual Leadership Development Event (2020)
- The Success Women’s Nation Woman on Fire Virtual Conference (2021)
- The Air Force Global Strike Women Symposium (2021)
- The Air Force Global Striker Stripe Conference (2021)
I have also been a Podcast guest on:
- The Back Channel,
- The Lion’s Den with Seth,
- The Rose International Group and the Dimensions of Success.
I have a Podcast called “The #SLAY TO SUCCE$$ SHOW.” I also do weekly live events on my #SLAY TO SUCCE$$ Facebook Group comprised of over 500 women
Do you have any articles or publications? Have you been featured in any? If so, what were they?
I have been featured on the front covers of the Black Hills Lifestyle (Sep 2020) and Black Hills Woman magazines (2019).