Summary: Sergeant Major Robin Fortner (USMC, Ret.) is a 30 year Marine Veteran who brings a unique skill set built on proven leadership strategies. Robin has held a variety of billets throughout her career. Initially, she began in the Supply Logistics Field, where she held every position to include Supply Chief and Supply Analyst for a Major Subordinate Command. Outside of her Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), she also served in billets such as Military Police, Primary Marksmanship Instructor, Drill Instructor, Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Officer, and recently served as the Director of Staff Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, directly responsible for the formal education and professional development of Marine Corps Leaders. Today, she is an entrepreneur, speaker, and executive consultant, who helps people and organizations reach their highest potential.
Why would a prospective client want you to be their keynote speaker or to support their speaking event? In other words, what are the most compelling aspects of your background/career/experience that we should know about?
- As a 30 year Marine Veteran, Robin brings a unique skillset built on proven leadership strategies. Her mission is to help organizations succeed by focusing on the professional and personal development of the people.
- She is highly sought after and a very dynamic speaker with a unique ability to draw in the audience and connect from the initial contact. She is highly skilled at relationship building and leveraging upon those opportunities.
- Robin has been the keynote speaker for many organizations and events and seen on national platforms such as C-Span.
- Her passion is illustrated through her presentations leaving an indelible mark on all attendees. Everybody needs a Robin in your corner.
What are your primary topics/areas of expertise? Some examples may include: Conflict resolution, International Relations, Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Cybersecurity, as well as specific countries or geographical regions.
- Leadership at all levels
- Resiliency Building
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Organizational Change
- Women in the Workplace
- International Speaker.
What are some positions you have held in your career that you would like prospective clients to know about?
- GROUND COMBAT ELEMENT INTEGRATED TASK FORCE – Senior Advisor for the first unit to integrate women in combat roles. This historic unit set the way forward for not just the Marine Corps but Department of Defense policy changes in regards to integration.
- MARINE CORPS SYSTEMS COMMAND – Senior Advisor for the Acquisiton Unit of the Marine Corps. A top Executive Position with a focus on strategic initiatives
- RECRUIT TRAINING REGIMENT – Senior Advisor for the only female Training Battalion. An extensive understanding of training in segregated training and its effect on culture.
- DIRECTOR IN MARINE CORPS UNIVERSITY FOR THE ENLISTED COLLEGE – Served as the Director for the STAFF NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER ACADEMY. Responsible for the Professional Military Education pathways for Marines stationed on the East Coast Installations.
What are some speaking events you’ve supported recently?
- Leadership Panel – 8th and I Marine Barracks Washington
- Podcast Panel – Talent War Group
- Leadership Development and Mentorship with Caracal Academy
- Leadership panel to discuss military culture – Boston University
- Keynote Black History Month – USMC
- Empowerment Keynote with MCSC Developmental Hires
- Leadership Panel – Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
- KeyNote Speaker for Women History – Warrior Scholar Project
- KeyNote Speaker – National Naval Officers Association