Summary: After a stellar career with two unique White House Assignments Mike Guevremont left active service to pursue his passion for business. Not letting his military drive go to waste Mike built several successful businesses which netted him several local, regional and national business awards. After being quoted and featured in several magazines Mr. Guevremont has gone on to speak on several business topics at universities and organizations including the George Washington School of Business and Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence as part of the Howard Hoffman Distinguished Lecture Series, Shenandoah University’s Bryd School of Business Entrepreneurship Week, Lord Fairfax Community College, Marymount University, US Strategic Command, Top of Virginia Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Warren County Chamber of Commerce. Mike has been featured in INC Magazine and his company was selected as the 172nd fastest growing in the country and in subsequent years featured in INC Magazine for two additional years in the in 500/5000. Mike was selected the first annual Entrepreneur of the year by the Top of Virginia Regional Chamber of Commerce, Awarded the Veteran Entrepreneur of the year by the Lord Fairfax Region of the Small Business Administration.
Why would a prospective client want you to be their keynote speaker or to support their speaking event? What are some compelling aspects of your background/career/experience that we should know about?
I came from a relatively poor family and lived in a junk yard (Sanford and Son), I took that situation as a motivator to get out. After joining the military (RI Army National Guard) I still realized I wanted more. With hard work and drive I made it into the White House Communications Agency and then the White House Military Office. Those assignments and contacts gave me an amazing skill set, background and helped launch me into a successful entrepreneur.
What are your primary topics/areas of expertise? Some examples may include: Conflict resolution, International Relations, Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Cybersecurity, as well as specific countries or geographical regions.
- Emergency Preparedness
- Continuity of Operations/Government
- Business Management
- Life After the Military
What are some positions you have held in your career that you would like prospective clients to know about?
- CEO Top of Virginia Regional Chamber (Also Chairman of Board, Committee Chair of the Public Policy Committee). 3rd largest Chamber in Virginia at the time and I took over after the current CEO resigned and built the Chamber back up in membership and reputation.
- CEO of Executive Protection Systems: An all hazards emergency preparedness company that became the largest reseller and trainer on emergency escape hoods in the country. Grew that business to an INC 500 company and made that list 3 years in a row. Earned several company and personal business awards both regionally and nationally.
- White House Military Office: Office of Presidential Contingency Programs. In charge of all logistics for the COG program that protects the President during times of crisis.
What are some speaking events you’ve supported recently?
- US Stratcom Speaking to a group of NCO’s on Life after the Military, opportunities for those seeking to go into business.
- George Washington University Speaking to Business Students on entrepreneurship and family owned businesses.
Do you have any articles or publications? Have you been featured in any? If so, what were they?
- Winchester Star newspaper, for several business awards, business growth for our company and positions achieved.
- Northern VA Daily newspaper (same as above).
- Vetentrepreneur Magazine, Award for being a Veteran in Business
- INC Magazine, quoted for business story