Summary: Douglas retired as a Division Command Sergeant Major and spent his extensive military career as a U.S. Army Engineer. He has delivered multiple keynote addresses to large audiences, with a specific focus in the areas of leading multi-functional organizations, building relationships, and influencing decisions. Douglas is also an ordained Pastor.
Why would a prospective client want you to be their keynote speaker or to support their speaking event? What are some compelling aspects of your background/career/experience that we should know about?
I am passionate about people. My strengths are:
- Building Relationships and Influencing Decisions
- Developing and Training High Performing Teams
- Leading Multi-functional organizations and work streams.
What are your primary topics/areas of expertise? Some examples may include: Conflict resolution, International Relations, Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Cybersecurity, as well as specific countries or geographical regions.
- Training and Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Counseling; Mentorship
- Motivational Speaking
- Faith Based Topics
What are some positions you have held in your career that you would like prospective clients to know about?
- Command Sergeant Major (CSM) of South Atlantic Division, United States Army Corps of Engineers – deployed the HQ element to Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands during Hurricane Irma and Maria; restored power to both islands;
- CSM of the 14TH EN BN – deployed the battalion to Afghanistan; lead team to remove over 750 Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) while clearing over 3000 KM of IED laden terrain;
- Served as a Drill Sergeant and Drill Sergeant Leader – trained the nation’s sons and daughters to become Soldiers; trained Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO) to become Drill Sergeants.
- CSM of the 36 EN BDE – deployed the unit to West Africa in response to the ebola outbreak; constructed over 20 Ebola Treatment Units (ETU) to eradicate the ebola pandemic.
What are some speaking events you’ve supported recently?
- Keynote Speaker for South Atlantic Division (Mobile District) Black History Month 2020 – over 100 civilian employees;
- Guest Speaker for Boys With A Purpose Program – Family members and over 20 boys being mentored to become valued young citizens;
- Guest Speaker for Regional Leader Development Program (Jacksonville District) – emerging and future leaders of the district.
- Keynote Speaker for Black History Month 2021 Fort Gilem Enclave – Soldiers, Civilians, and Family members.
Do you have any articles or publications? Have you been featured in any? If so, what were they?
- Engineer Magazine (May 2018) – featured;
- Edgefield Advertiser Newspaper- recognized for Douglas Padgett Day by hometown;
- Published for multiple articles on the topic of Outcomes Based Training.