Summary: Chief Master Sergeant Boston Alexander, United States Air Force, (retired) is a highly sought-after speaker, igniter, accomplished strategic leader and a leadership development and organizational culture consultant. His superior service career and vast leadership portfolio span over 27 years across Air Force, Space Force, Joint, Departments of Defense and Homeland Security-level, and multi-national organizations, to include combat zone deployments. He has a proven record of success leading large organizations, forging and deliberately developing diverse & cross-functional champion teams, while deftly navigating, political, budgetary, developmental, cultural, and military justice complexities. Notably, his leadership and management acumen were instrumental in steering crucial and planning initiatives required at Garrison-level (6 bases and 22 locations globally with 18,400 personnel) to design and ultimately activate the United States Space Force, a separate branch of service solely dedicated to protecting and defending our National interest in Space, enhancing the way our Joint and Coalition Forces fight, while offering key decision-makers military options to achieve national objectives.
Boston has served at every level of leadership. His leadership and management portfolio, personal experiences, overcoming adversity as an immigrant who ascended to the Air Force’s top enlisted rank, Chief Master Sergeant (one percent), in concert with multi-faceted military and civilian education and training makes him uniquely equipped to advise and assist leaders at all levels and organizations on leadership, strategy, culture and Diversity Equity & Inclusion. He is committed to winning; helping organizations accomplish objectives, posture for the future, shape or establish culture, while elevating people. He is passionate about building champions in life, leadership and business.
Why would a prospective client want you to be their keynote speaker or to support their speaking event? What are some compelling aspects of your background/career/experience that we should know about?
I am an accomplished strategic leader/thinker with a proven record of success leading large organizations, building, and deliberately developing cross-functional and diverse teams. I am passionate about forging champions in life, leadership, and business. My life experiences as an immigrant who overcame adversity and ultimately attained the Air Force’s top enlisted rank, in concert with a multi-faceted leadership and management portfolio, spanning 27 years across Space, Cyberspace, Aircraft Maintenance, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Human Resources Management positions, makes me uniquely equipped to assist organizations in areas of leadership, team building, strategy, shaping culture and achieving objectives while elevating people.
What are your primary topics/areas of expertise? Some examples may include: Conflict resolution, International Relations, Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Cybersecurity, as well as specific countries or geographical regions.
- Leadership in Homeland Security/Strategy
- Organizational Culture
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- “Building Champions”
- Process Improvement for Executives
- Organizational/Human Resources/Crisis Management
What are some positions you have held in your career that you would like prospective clients to know about?
I am blessed to have led at every level of leadership.
1. Command Chief Master Sergeant, Peterson-Schriever Garrison and prior, Command Chief Master Sergeant 50th Space Wing, in these positions, I led over 7,000 personnel and critical planning efforts required to design and activate a separate military branch, the United States Space Force, solely dedicated to protecting and defending our National interests in Space.
2. Senior Enlisted Leader for the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, in this capacity, I oversaw daily operations for DoD and DHS’ Center of Excellence for all Diversity Equity and Inclusion Training.
3. First Sergeant for the 57th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base Las Vegas, key responsibilities included, Life Coach, Mentor and Human Resources Senior Advisor for more than 1300 personnel
What are some speaking events you’ve supported recently?
- Colorado Springs Area Chief Master Sergeants Recognition Event
- Peterson-Schriever Garrison Senior Noncommissioned Officer Induction
- Air Force Academy Senior Noncommissioned Officer Induction
- Defense Equal Opportunity Management—Commencement Speaker
- Colorado District 22/Ellicott Schools Memorial Day Event
- City of Cocoa Beach, Florida, Memorial Day Event
- Eastern Florida State College, Black History Month
- National Character & Leadership Symposium, Air Force Academy
Do you have any articles or publications? Have you been featured in any? If so, what were they?
- Colorado Springs Gazette
- Space Observer (Schriever SFB)
- Space Sentinel (Peterson SFB) Air Force Magazine